Romanchenko Valeriy Yakovlevich, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, the department of socio-legal and humanities
and pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Agrarian University named after N. I. Vavilov (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia),
Nozhkina Irina Aleksandrovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, the department of socio-legal and humanities and pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Agrarian University named after N. I. Vavilov (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Shmygina Oksana Nikolaevna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, the department of socio-legal and humanities and pedagogical sciences, head of the Museum of University history, Saratov State Agrarian University named after N. I. Vavilov (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The growth of the scale and complexity of the problems of development of higher agricultural education in modern conditions actualizes the study of the experience of training of highly qualified personnel in agricultural ties.
The purpose of the work is to analyze the activities of the state aimed at the formation of specialists with higher agricultural education in agricultural universities of the country, as well as the activities of universities to implement state objectives, experience and problems, trends and contradictions in the development of higher agricultural education.
Materials and methods. The implementation of the tasks is carried out on the basis of empirical material concentrated in the funds of the Russian state archive of Economics, normative documents of the country’s leadership, dissertations and published scientific literature. In the process of working on the topic were used problem-chronological, comparative historical, statistical and other methods of research, which together allowed to recreate a holistic view of the problem.
Results. The work examines the socio-economic conditions and prerequisites for improving the training of highly qualified personnel in agricultural universities, trends and contradictions in the development of this process, achievements and causes of shortcomings in the training activities. The problem of sufficiency of measures taken by the state to ensure the tasks set in the sphere of implementation of personnel policy in agricultural universities is considered. A brief description of the universities’ solution of the problems of reproduction of scientific and pedagogical personnel, educational and scientific work, self-financing of higher education
institutions, adaptation of their graduates in the field of agricultural production is given.
Conclusions. The study of the experience and problems of training of highly qualified specialists in the agricultural universities in the period of 1960-ies–1980-ies has allowed to reveal positive dynamics in the overall of the process. Shows some positive trends, in particular the increase in the Association of education with production, attention to quality of education, as well as negative experiences, including due to the dominance of the administrative system of agricultural management and University education system.
1. Budnik G. A. Vysshaya shkola i intelligentsiya: sovetskiy vospitatel'nyy i obrazovatel'nyy eksperiment 1945–1985 gg. (Na materialakh Tsentral'nogo rayona Rossii) [Higher School and intellectuals: Soviet educational experiment 1945–1985 (based on
materials of the Central region of Russia)]. Ivanovo, 2003, 249 p.
2. Burmakina G. A. Stanovlenie i razvitie sel'skokhozyaystvennogo obrazovaniya v Krasnoyarskom krae (1946–1991 gg.): avtoref. dis. kand. ist. nauk [Formation and development of agricultural education in the Krasnoyarsk Territory (1946–1991): author’s
abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Kemerovo, 2008, 27 p.
3. Dines V. A., Frolkin P. P., Shevashkevich G. M. Vlast' [Authority]. 1999, no. 4, pp. 74–79.
4. Zerkalov V. I. Podgotovka kadrov sel'skogo khozyaystva. 1965–1985 gg. (Na materialakh oblastey Povolzh'ya) [Training of agriculture staff. 1965–1985 (based on materials of the Volga region)]. Saratov, 1999, 87 p.
5. Panov V. N. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Ser. 8, Istoriya [Bulletin of Moscow State University. Serie 8, History]. 1986, no. 3, pp. 16–23.
6. Romanchenko V. Ya. Gosudarstvennye sel'skie khozyaystva Rossii: istoricheskiy opyt, problemy, uroki razvitiya. Na materialakh regionov Evropeyskoy chasti RF (1965–1985 gody): dis. d-ra ist. nauk [State agriculture of Russia: historical experience, problems, development lessons. Based on the materials of the regions of the European part of the Russian Federation (1965–1985): dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of historical sciences]. Saratov, 2000, 463 p.
7. Shmygina O. N. Razvitie vysshego sel'skokhozyaystvennogo obrazovaniya i vuzovskoy agrarnoy nauki v 1965–1985 gg.: na materialakh Saratovskoy i Volgogradskoy oblastey: dis. kand. ist. nauk [The development of higher agricultural education and high
school agrarian science in 1965–1985: based on the materials of the Saratov and Volgograd regions: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Saratov, 2013, 239 p.
8. Akhmetov A. A. Deyatel'nost' partiynykh organizatsiy po osushchestvleniyu agrarnoy politiki KPSS v usloviyakh razvitogo sotsializma (1965–1975 gg.): dis. kand. ist. nauk [The activities of party organizations in the implementation of the agrarian policy of the CPSU in the conditions of developed socialism (1965–1975): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Kazan, 1979, 200 p.
9. Plenum TsK KPSS 24–26 marta 1965 g.: stenograficheskiy otchet [Plenum of the Central Committee of the CPSU, 24–26th of March, 1965: verbatim report]. Moscow, 1965.
10. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv ekonomiki (RGAE) [Russian State Archive of Economics]. F. 7486. Op. 17.
11. Sokolov V. Pravda [Truth]. 1986, 26 Oct.
12. Sovremennaya vysshaya shkola [Modern higher school]. 1981, no. 1, p. 128.
13. RGAE. F. 7486. Op. 42-v.
14. Plenum TsK KPSS 27–28 yanvarya 1987 g.: stenograficheskiy otchet [Plenum of the Central Committee of the CPSU, 27–28th of January, 1987: verbatim report]. Moscow, 1987.
15. RGAE. F. 7486. Op. 40.
16. RGAE. F. 650. Op. 1.
17. Vestnik vysshey shkoly [Bulletin of higher school]. 1980, no. 10; 1982, no. 8.
18. Zubkova E. Yu. Voprosy istorii KPSS [Problems of the history of the CPSU]. 1988, no. 4, p. 77.